Boston Contempt Attorneys

Sadly, there are times when an individual fails to pay court-ordered child support or otherwise comply with a court order or judgment. There may be genuine reasons for this, such as unemployment or illness, but the fact remains that under Massachusetts law, each parent is responsible for the financial stability of his or her children.

Contact a Boston contempt lawyer at the office of Richard C. Bardi & Associates LLC today to schedule a consultation.

Cambridge, MA, Lawyer to Help Enforce Child Support Orders

At the divorce and family law firm of Richard C. Bardi & Associates LLC, located in Boston, Massachusetts, we recognize that not receiving court-ordered child support can have devastating repercussions on you and your family's fiscal stability. We want to ensure all child support payments that are owed to you are paid, including health and dental premiums and other uninsured medical expenses.

To that end, we will file a Complaint of Contempt with the court. At this hearing, the court may make several recommendations and orders:

  • If the payor is working and financially able to make payments, but simply refuses to do so, the court can order wage garnishment, interception of tax returns and immediate payment with arrears.
  • If the payor is unable to make payments due to unemployment, the court may order the payor to participate in job searches.
  • In particularly egregious cases, the court may also order the payor jailed for civil or criminal contempt.

Contact a Metro West Lawyer Today

The attorneys at Richard C. Bardi & Associates LLC understand that a Complaint for Contempt is the final step in collecting child support arrearages. If an arrangement can be made with the delinquent payer, that is their first alternative. When, however, cooperation is not forthcoming, Richard C. Bardi & Associates LLC will use all available avenues to protect your family's financial health. Please contact us by calling 617-227-4040.